Electronic fuel injector cleaning
ultrasonic fuel injector cleaning
The BAM cleaning process....
1. Your injectors are externally cleaned, visually inspected, and numbered.
2. Your injectors are then placed in our digital flow tester and checked for resistance and shorts.
3. Once the electrical test is done they are pressurized and checked for leaks.
4. The next step is a visual test for spray pattern and the measurement of flow at various RPM and pulse width.
5. After the first round of tests the injectors are placed in an ultrasonic cleaner with a special heated solution. Injectors are still hooked up to the electronics in the tester and fired repeatedly for 45 minutes. This loosens varnish and deposits that have accumulated in preparation for the reverse flush.
6. The injector is pressurized in (reverse this time) and fired. This flushes out all the junk that was loosened up in the cleaning step!
7. New o-rings and filter screen are installed and the injector is tested again. Air injectors use existing parts unless replacements are needed.
All tests are documented both before and after. The documentation is really helpful when you are troubleshooting an engine problem.
The injectors are returned to you clean and ready to go. The difference in performance can be amazing!
Our normal turn around time is 1-2 days depending on the time of the year/workload.