BAM Marine of Florida Inc was born as Berman Automotive & Marine in 1971, Marc Berman’s first business in Highland Park Illinois.
After a successful 4 years in Highland Park in 1975 Marc accepted a job with Apeco Marina. In 1977 Marc purchased the business from Apeco and named it Marina City Marina. Even though the name was a little redundant nothing else could have been more descriptive.
Located downtown on the Chicago River in the landmark Marina City complex MCM was for many years the only privately owned full-service marina in the city. With a one-of-a-kind location, fuel dock and a knowledgeable dedicated staff MCM soon became the go-to place in Chicago for storage, fuel, service and repairs. Buried in the basement of the twin towers BAM had a really well equipped facility. In addition to basic repairs BAM did drives, rigging, fiberglass, paint and had a complete engine and machine shop with a dyno! MCM became known as hi-performance specialists, and the Chicago River was our Lake X.
In 1995 BAM’s lease for the Marina was over and a new owner of the property had other plans for the space. Marc decided that Florida would be the new home of BAM Marine. After a false start in Pembroke Park and a second move to Fort Lauderdale, BAM Marine of Florida Inc. was formed in 1997. In addition to the development of the Cyborg transmissions since then BAM has also become one of the largest dealers of genuine Mercury Marine parts in the country. In a reversal of roles, BAM also became the supplier to Mercury Racing for the transmissions used on the 850 & 1075’s.
In 2004 BAM made it's final move to it's present home in Pompano Beach Florida. The 14,000 sq ft building owned by BAM is conveniently located just west of I95 near the Isle of Capri casino.